ISO 14001 Certificates (Environmental Management System)
ISO 14001 is a set of guidelines that can be applied to any company or organization on a voluntary basis. It entails establishing a declared environmental policy and implementing an Environmental Management System in compliance with a series of regulatory obligations. This can be accredited by ISO Certificates with international validity. This will make it possible to demonstrate their ability to prevent and control the effects of their economic activity on the environment.
What is an Environmental Management System?
An environmental management system (EMS) is an instrument that serves as a basis for guiding and evaluating a company’s activities that have a significant impact on the environment. The objective of this process is to ensure that these are carried out in compliance with the applicable rules and with your corporate policy towards third parties. One of these systems is the one proposed by the UNE-EN ISO 14001 standard.
Externally, it is a commitment and a public declaration of principles that enables us to position ourselves as a socially responsible company, setting our own objectives according to the means at our disposal.
Internally, it serves as a communication tool to indicate to employees what the organization’s intentions and values are regarding environmental issues.
This environmental management system must define and document in writing the operational processes necessary to achieve the environmental objectives that have been set. This includes all criteria, standards and instructions that ensure proper environmental management, based on the efficient use of natural and energy resources, the reduction of waste generated by the company and the proper management and treatment of raw materials.
Benefits of ISO Certificates and an environmental management system
- It provides a structure of corrective and preventive actions to reduce pollution and the impact on the ecosystem. In this way, it contributes to sustainable development and environmental protection.
- Provides environmental records: objective data supporting the actions carried out and the results obtained, without the obligation to publish them.
- Integrates environmental management into the overall management of the company, complementing other systems such as quality or safety.
- Helps to comply with legal requirements
- Improves the company’s reputation and image in the eyes of customers, employees and investor
How to implement ISO 14001 in a company?
Generally, the implementation of this system is divided into the following phases:
- Define a corporate environmental policy
- Make an environmental diagnosis and plan actions, objectives and goals.
- Implement planned actions (environmental management manual, technical instructions, procedures, personnel training, etc.).
- Monitoring and correcting deviations (internal audits and environmental records)
- Validate system operation
At ProCycla we accompany companies throughout the process of implementing the Environmental Management System starting from scratch. And, once the audit has been passed, we help you to obtain the AENOR Environmental Management Systems Certificate, and we also help you to obtain the user licenses that will allow you to access your international certification.
ISO 9001 Certificate (Quality)
The ISO 9001 standard proposes a similar structure to the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System. This Quality Management System is applicable to companies of any size and allows them to demonstrate their efficiency, profitability and ability to meet their customers’ needs, as well as their commitment to continuous improvement of their work processes.
Our team offers advice to organizations to analyze their quality system, standardize processes, correctly document procedures and successfully pass the external audit prior to obtaining ISO 9001 certification.